Sunday 4 October 2009

Jori White PR



I’ve started at Jori White’s now; I literally landed off the plane the night before and hardly slept with the anxiety of starting at a new place. It’s a really small company with about four people working full-time a few freelancers and at the moment there’s four interns with another on the way.

Though small as a company they definitely do things big. They have some amazing clients on the go and already I’m searching through papers finding clippings of the coverage they received that week. Another job I’ve been asked to do is to look through magazines (no problem with that task) and find small businesses that are using advertising space, so I then call them up and see if they are looking to promote their company and what JW can offer them. Also been offered to go for a meal at one of the restaurants they promote! Shame I couldn’t go because I’d already made plans, but there’ll be more opportunities!

Note to all interns: bring a note pad and a contacts book that you keep on you at all times. Write down everyone’s contact details that you have personally spoken to, you never know if they might come in handy in the future. Write down all ideas, even if they’re small or a bit crazy, because it could inspire something creative for events or for coverage. 

1 comment:

  1. Still working there? I am meant to go for an interview...

    ReplyDelete