Tuesday 5 January 2010

Hello 2010!!! It's going to be a better year people!

I'm so happy that 2009 is over! It was quite unpleasant, but we are undoubtedly going to have a MUCH better year in 2010. But before we look forward in to the hopeful future, let's turn our bowed heads and say a fond farewell to the ones who never managed to reach to the new beginning.
Firstly, magazines:




American I-D Magazine - Cosmo Girl - Men's Vogue
Click here to see more folded magazines.
Newspapers:


London Lite - The London Paper -
And many more! click here to see a full listing of folded newspapers.


Last but not at all least, the celebrities:

My Beautiful Brittany Murphy, 32 - Michael Jackson, 50 - Patrick Swayze, 57
These ones were my favourite, especially Brittany Murphy. I've watched Clueless a million times since and cannot believe what a tragedy, she was so young! As was Heath Ledger who died in January 2008.
I also remember when I heard Michael Jackson had died, I was working for Oxfam in Glastonbury Festival waiting for my shift to finish when i got a million texts all in one go. I didn't believe what everyone was saying, every year at Glasto someone spreads that a celeb has died, and it usually is MJ.
Click here to see other passings of celebs in 2009.
Well in 2010 we can look forward to virtual mags and newspapers that feed us our current affairs and celebrity gossip. The iPhone is bringing out a new 'app' that you can download a subscription to your fav magazines and newspaper. Maybe it's just me but zooming in and touch screen is just my biggest nightmare and I'd personally rather have the copy in my hands...no? I loved this advert for The Sun newspaper who describes my case perfectly.






3 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention Spike 'The Chipmunk' Malcolm that died in August 2009. RIP Spike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of virtual magazines completely sucks...I want paper in my hands! Happy new year sweet- hope this year brings you everything you are after and much much more, XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete